Very pretty, but very deadly. It's an amanita. those white flecks on the cap are the remnants of the veil--another indicator that it's an amanita. So glad you didn't pick it. you would want to wash your hands very thoroughly if you had. I used to make the kids pick up amanitas with chopsticks so they wouldn't get the toxins on their skin. I'll show you a bunch of pictures of amanitas from one of my mushroom books so you have more of an idea of the varieties locally.
Very pretty, but very deadly. It's an amanita. those white flecks on the cap are the remnants of the veil--another indicator that it's an amanita. So glad you didn't pick it. you would want to wash your hands very thoroughly if you had. I used to make the kids pick up amanitas with chopsticks so they wouldn't get the toxins on their skin. I'll show you a bunch of pictures of amanitas from one of my mushroom books so you have more of an idea of the varieties locally.
ReplyDelete